05/07/09: Developing Croydon Children's Trust
Gene and Denis Mongon are working with Dave Hill (Executive Director for Children, Young People and Learners) and colleagues across and beyond the Council on the development of an effective Children's Trust.
The sole purpose of the Children’s Trust is to improve outcomes for children, young people and their families in Croydon through partnership. The vision is to make Croydon a place where every child and young person can have and meet high expectations and have the best opportunities in life.
Delivering on the Trust’s priorities requires an all agency, all systems approach, a common language about need, pooling of children’s budgets and joined up commissioning of services, based on what children, young people and their families need and want.
In particular, the Trust is focused on addressing the following 8 identified priority needs:
- Reducing Teenage Pregnancy
- Promoting Children’s Healthy Weight and Growth
- Keeping Children Safe and Reducing Bullying
- Improving Educational Opportunities
- Reducing Youth Crime and Disorder
- Reducing the number of young people not in education, employment or training (NEETs)
- Supporting Parents and Families
We're also working specifically on the design and implementation of an approach to engage young people in the design, delivery and review of priorities for the Children’s Trust Board to support.